Wednesday, July 25, 2012

PREFACE

For the sake of clarity, I must explain how I intend for you, the reader, to follow this blog.

I am the blog owner, Jane. This is a platform I've created to get the message to the world, but I will not be writing the actual story. You'll hear from me only at the very beginning (in the Preface, Acknowledgements, and Introduction) and at the end. I am acting mostly as an editor, compiling the blog using transcripts of Lucia's original diary entries. I will also include photos, art, music, video, and any other material of relevance in order to give you a better, more intimate portrayal of events.

Will is going to narrate. He's the only one that can; he was actually there. I have invited him as a contributor to this blog, convincing him that Lucia's story must be told despite the pain it will cause him to relive what they had and what was lost. Understandably, he could not bring himself to transcribe her journal entries, so that task will fall upon me.

I hope to interject as little as possible throughout the chapters, but if any reader has a question or concern, feel free to comment in the boxes below or message me at jane.thelostcity@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment